Boost your health this flu season with the following suggestions:
1) Get your Flu Shot today. This will protect you from a range of common flu sicknesses and improve your overall body’s readiness to fight.
2) Ask your GP/Dietician for an immune boosting supplement to accompany your dietary restrictions to boost your immunity and overall health
3) Maintain good Hygiene by washing your hands regularly and keeping your surroundings clean
4) Get an early night – A good nights quality sleep will support your immune system and help reduce mood swings
5) Up your Vitamin C intake – Apart from its biosynthetic and antioxidant functions, vitamin C plays an important role in boosting immunity and improves the absorption of nonheme iron, the form of iron present in plant-based foods.
6) Plan your meals. Include variety of foods like fruits, legumes, vegetables, different kinds of proteins, pulses in your diet for improving your overall health and well-being.
7) Stay active during quarantine too. Adopt a physical activity that suits your lifestyle and health conditions.
8) Take a Break – take care of your mental health by engaging in mindfulness or meditation. Alternatively empower people around you by supporting and being responsive to our communities – our families, neighbourhoods, work, societies.
9) Change unhealthy habits like smoking and switch to a heathier lifestyle.
10) Breathe through your nose – Although breathing is a natural function of human beings, it can be negatively influenced by many factors such as stress, sitting at a desk all day, eating processed foods, and excessive talking.
Nose breathing imposes approximately 50 percent more resistance to the air stream, as compared to mouth breathing. This results in 10 to 20 percent more oxygen uptake.