Book or Find Allied Health Appointment
We have onsite Allied Health Professionals who can provide advice and management on a wide range of health issues. For referrals, talk to your GP. Appointments may be booked with our friendly reception team.
Consultations with Allied Health Professionals are Privately Billed unless otherwise advised. Fees and rebates (if applicable) are available from reception.
Our Allied Health Professionals are:
- Clinical Psychologist
- Diabetes Educator
- Speech Pathologist
Allied Health Professionals services mainly deal with the identification, evaluation, and prevention of diseases and disorders, health management, diagnose conditions, develop treatment plans, physiotherapy and rehabilitation, dietary and nutrition advice or services
Mainly the allied health professions divided into two broad categories:
- Technicians (ex: Cardiovascular technicians, medical assistants, etc.)
Some of the allied health care professionals work collaboratively with other professionals, including nurses, dentists, pharmacists, etc. and Other professional works independently as specialists in exercise and fitness, nutrition, speech, health education, etc.
The following are the allied health professions or services:
- Speech-language pathology or Speech Therapy
- Physiotherapy or Physical Therapy
- Clinical Psychology Services
- Dietician services
- Psychological Services
- Respiratory therapy
- Podiatry services
- Occupational therapy
- Health information management
- Dental hygiene
- Athletic training
- Rehabilitation counseling
- Medical technology
Learn some of the examples of allied health services:
- Diagnose and treats the abnormal conditions of the feet and lower limbs
- Prevent and corrects the deformity for the foot and the lower leg
- Treats psychological or mental, emotional, and behavioral issues
- Provides food and nutrition information
- Provides advice on nutrition-related matters
- Treats articulation disorders, fluency disorders, and voice disorders
- Treats problems such as autism, stuttering, apraxia, dysarthria, etc.
- Diabetes Educator will educate or empower them to manage their diabetes with their diabetes self-management
- Physiotherapists will help the patients to restore, maintain, and make the most of a patient’s mobility, function, and well-being through movement and exercise, manual therapy, education, and advice.
Amtan's Clinic with Allied Health